The ZHP is a particular BMW. The Efficiency Bundle, “ZHP,” created by BMW Particular person was out there solely in the USA as a $three,900 choice package deal on the 2003-2006 BMW 330i. This outfitted the 330i with many BMW Efficiency Elements as a part of a complete software that modified to total efficiency and dealing with in addition to enhanced its appears to be like. BMW proclaimed that the ZHP “brings track-inspired pleasure to your each day drive.”
However for some house owners, that was not sufficient. Shawn Robertson, a reader of BMWBLOG, is sharing with us his story of the E46 330i ZHP and its dialog to an E46 M3.
Shawn purchased the six-speed guide E46 ZHP unseen from a vendor in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It has been some time since he owned a BMW, his final automotive was in 2005 which was a 1995 Avus Blue turbocharged E36 three Collection making a whooping 601whp.
However his love affair with the E46 330i ZHP was brief – he’s caught one other bug – a dialog to a full E46 M3. Shawn had his good friend at Lins Specialty Automotive carry out a full mechanical S54 engine swap to make sure that is will turn out to be a correct ///M automotive.
Column: Is ZHP a particular BMW?
He drove the 330i ZHP with the S54 engine for a few yr earlier than he began to do a physique conversion additionally. He had Famous person Customs in Lilburn, Georgia do the rear fender flares and contacted 2M Autowerks for his or her fiberglass entrance M3 sedan fenders. Born2doit customs painted the automotive in Imola Pink after which he determined he wished one thing near an E46 M3 CSL sedan, so he added the OEM CSL wheels 19×9.5.
The listing of upgrades is kind of in depth, so we’ve added it beneath.
The conversion E46 M3 automotive now has 174,000 miles and it is without doubt one of the finest conversions now we have ever seen.
Images by Shawn Robertson @shawnrphotography
2003 E46 ZHP/M3
Chassis 165ok miles when S54 swapped with 128ok miles
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
– S54 (131ok miles) with new OEM VAC Motorsport coated bearings put in
– E46 M3 cluster coded and modded for four doorways and corrected mileage
– 6 velocity Getrag Transmission (131ok miles)
– three.62 M3 LSD w/ axles and full rear finish
– GSR CSL Carbon Airbox with consumption snorkel, CSL Map sensor and IAT
– OEM CSL Software program with Oil Stage readout
– ///M Monitor DSC System Enabled
– S54 Inventory header
– S54 midpipe with Jones Common Maxflow Muffler rather than midpipe
– Customized third Rear part with Quad exhaust
SUSPENSION / BRAKES
– Porsche 996 4POT Brakes entrance and rear
– OEM CSL Rotors entrance and rear
– E46 M3 Coilovers (DGR Suspension)
– AKG Bushings: Spherical RTAB, Entrance Management Arm Bushing, Differential , Engine Mounts
– Turner Motorsport entrance and rear swaybars
– ZHP Steering Rack retained
– E46 M3 decrease FCA
– E46 M3 Rear trailing arms
– SPC adjustable rear management arms for camber
– BMW Efficiency Carbon Fiber Strut Brace
– OEM CSL wheels (sq.) 19×9.5”
– Recent repaint 405/three Imola Rot II
– Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk
– M3 Physique Conversion
– 2M Autowerks M3 entrance fenders
– Standing Gruppe CSL diffuser for Mtech II bumper
– N6NG Natur Braun leather-based M3 Seats (Customized LSeat covers put in)
– Eonon Android 7.1 Double Din Radio
– HK Amp audio system
The article Reader’s Nook: E46 330i ZHP transformed to an E46 M3 appeared first on BMW BLOG