Dodge is coming-up with the new 2013 Dodge Dart GT model at the most prestigious Auto Show – the North America International Auto Show[NAIAS] 2013 in Detroit. The new Dodge Dart GT has in-built sport DNA with innovative style, enhanced performance and greater driving dynamics. In the Dodge line-up, the all new compact model -2013 Dodge Dart has been already got much appreciation for its best performance and style. In the line-up of Dart SE, SXT, Rallye, Aero and Limited models, the new GT is the latest model and Dodge further continue to research for new high-performace R/T variant. The new GT will available to U.S. Manufacturer’s at the suggested retail price of only $20,995[MSRP], thats exclude the excluding destination cost.
It has 2.4 Litre Tigershark Engine which is capable of generating a horespower of 184[i.e. 137.26 kilo-Watts] with MultiAir 2 and 6-speed manual transmission and automatic 6-speed PowerTech[Autostick Automatic Transmission]. The dynamic exterior is quite attractive with Hyper Black grille, unique performance front fascia, body-color door handles, sport suspension with frequency sensing damping shocks, black projector headlamp bezels, 18-inch aluminum wheels and exclusive integrated dual exhaust with bright exhaust tips. On the other hand the interior of GT has many advanced interior features like dual-zone automatic temperature control, heated front seats, remote start available with automatic transmission, premium Nappa perforated leather seats available in Black with Ruby Red stitching and dual-tone Black/Ruby Red, GT badge, universal garage door opener and exclusive heated steering wheel.
2013 Dodge Dart GT has more standard features and equipment are as follows:
- premium door trim panel with soft-touch upper surfaces
- power windows with express one-touch up/down front windows
- ambient LED interior lighting
- class-exclusive 7-inch TFT (Thin Film Transistor) re-configurable instrument cluster display
- active grille shutters
- under-body aerodynamic treatment
- tire pressure monitoring display
- illuminated front cup holders
- illuminated vanity mirrors
- Park-view rear backup camera
- speed-sensitive power locks
- leather steering wheel with audio controls and speed control
- accent stitching on the instrument panel
- class-exclusive 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- power 10-way driver seat, including power lumbar support
- projector fog lamps
- power heated mirrors with supplemental signals and courtesy lamps
- air conditioning with micron filter
- power mirrors remote key-less entry
- front center console with fore and aft sliding armrest
- 60/40 split folding rear seat with armrest with storage/cup holders and trunk pass-through
- class-exclusive floating island bezel
- driver and front passenger seat-back pockets
- overhead console with sun-glass holder
- security alarm
- front and rear floor mats
- 600-amp maintenance-free battery
- front passenger in-seat storage
- temperature and compass gauge
- 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in console
- automatic headlamps
The new GT has advanced optional features and technology like key-less entry, power sunroof, 6-speed Powertech automatic transmission with AutoStick, smart beam headlamps, 18-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels, blind spot monitoring with rear cross path detection, rain sensing wipers, engine block heater, push-button start, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Alpine Premium Sound System with 10 speakers, including sub-woofer and 506 watt amplifier, HID headlamps and Garmin Navigation with Sirius XM Travel Link. Dodge GT has option of various color choices from 12 exterior colors with no additional charges – Redline Red, Header Orange, Blue Streak, Citrus Peel, Laguna Blue, Pitch Black, Tungsten, Bright Silver, Bright White, True Blue, Maximum Steel and Winter Chill.
Photo Gallery of 2013 Dodge Dart GT
Auto Press Release 2013
New 2013 Dodge Dart GT Model to Debut at North American International Auto Show
Dart GT model hits the mark with 184 horsepower, premium Nappa leather and a sport-tuned suspension that caters to the driving enthusiast for a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of only $20,995
- Dart GT is powered by the 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir2 four-cylinder engine, which produces 184 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque, providing just the right balance of power and fuel efficiency
- New 2013 Dart GT model features a sport suspension with frequency-sensing damping shocks that delivers ride and handling attributes designed to cater to driving enthusiasts
- Unique exterior and interior design elements, including standard 18-inch aluminum wheels and premium perforated Nappa heated leather seats, differentiate the GT model from the rest of the Dart lineup
- Standard class-exclusive features include racetrack LED taillamps, integrated dual exhaust, 8.4-inch touchscreen, 7-inch TFT display, in-seat storage and much more
- The new 2013 Dart GT delivers an incredible value, with a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of just $20,995
January 8, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Dodge brand dug deep into its rich, nearly 100-year history to name its all-new compact car, the 2013 Dodge Dart, and is again drawing on the storied history for the newest Dodge Dart model.
The sporty Dart GT model originally made its debut in 1963 and offered drivers enhanced performance and style, including a heavy-duty suspension that delivered improved ride and handling characteristics.
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart GT model delivers sport-tuned suspension attributes that cater to the driving enthusiast, distinctive styling, including standard class-exclusive racetrack LED taillamps and integrated dual exhaust, and it’s loaded with premium standard features, including perforated heated Nappa Leather seats, 8.4-inch touchscreen and 7-inch TFT for an outstanding value, with a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of only $20,995 (excluding destination).
“The new Dart GT embodies the best attributes that compact car buyers are looking for, including outstanding style, performance, technology and value,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO Dodge Brand. “With 184 horsepower, 18-inch aluminum wheels, sport suspension, premium leather interior and several class-exclusive features, the Dart GT represents the sweet spot in the compact car market, offering mid-size roominess combined with premium amenities for only $20,995 MSRP.”
The Dart GT model is the latest addition to the 2013 Dodge Dart lineup, which currently includes the Dart SE, SXT, Rallye, Aero and Limited models. Dodge continues to investigate a high-performance R/T model.
Building off the exceptionally well-equipped Dart Limited, the GT adds: 184 horsepower 2.4-iter Tigershark with MultiAir 2 with six-speed manual or available six-speed PowerTech automatic AutoStick; 18-inch aluminum wheels; sport suspension with frequency sensing damping shocks; unique performance front fascia with black accents and Hyper Black grille; black projector headlamp bezels; body-color door handles; class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust with bright exhaust tips; class-exclusive racetrack LED taillamps; unique premium Nappa perforated leather seats in Black with Ruby Red stitching or two-tone Black/Ruby Red; class-exclusive heated steering wheel; heated front seats; dual-zone automatic temperature control; remote start (with automatic transmission); universal garage door opener and GT badge.
Additional standard equipment on the 2013 Dart GT model includes: projector fog lamps; power heated mirrors with supplemental signals and courtesy lamps; class-exclusive 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen; class-exclusive floating island bezel; ParkView rear backup camera; class-exclusive 7-inch TFT (Thin Film Transistor) reconfigurable instrument cluster display; premium door trim panel with soft-touch upper surfaces; leather steering wheel with audio controls and speed control; accent stitching on the instrument panel; power 10-way driver seat, including power lumbar support; driver and front passenger seatback pockets; overhead console with sunglass holder; front passenger in-seat storage; illuminated front cup holders; illuminated vanity mirrors; temperature and compass gauge; 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in console; speed-sensitive power locks; power windows with express one-touch up/down front windows; ambient LED interior lighting; automatic headlamps; active grille shutters; underbody aerodynamic treatment; tire pressure monitoring display; air conditioning with micron filter; power mirrors; remote keyless entry; front center console with fore and aft sliding armrest; 60/40 split folding rear seat with armrest with storage/cup holders and trunk pass-through; six-speakers; security alarm; front and rear floor mats and 600-amp maintenance-free battery.
A variety of options are available to allow the GT customer the ability to personalize their Dart to their exact specifications. It starts with a choice of 12 exterior colors – all available at no extra charge – including Redline Red, Header Orange, Blue Streak, Citrus Peel, Laguna Blue, Pitch Black, Tungsten, Bright Silver, Bright White, True Blue, Maximum Steel and Winter Chill.
Optional equipment includes:
- Six-speed Powertech automatic transmission with AutoStick
- Technology Group (push-button start, keyless Enter ‘N Go, rain sensing wipers, smart beam headlamps, blind spot monitoring with rear cross path detection)
- 18-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
- Power Sunroof
- HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Garmin Navigation with Sirius XM Travel Link
- Alpine Premium Sound System with 10 speakers, including subwoofer and 506 watt amplifier
- Engine block heater
The 2013 Dodge Dart compact car redefined performance with an agile, fun-to-drive experience, compliments of its Alfa Romeo roots; the interior comforts of larger, more expensive cars and the value and fuel efficiency of a compact car with three fuel-efficient powertrains. The all-new Dodge Dart is a thoroughly modern vehicle that’s beautifully designed and crafted, is loaded with state-of-the-art technology and all the safety features drivers and passengers desire including, 10 standard air bags, available ParkView rear back up camera, blind spot monitoring and rear crosspath detection. The new Dart GT model builds on that foundation and offers attributes the heart of the compact car market appreciates such as the 8.4-inch Uconnect Touchscreen media center, in-seat storage in the front passenger seat and LED racetrack taillamps as well as a unique style that allow consumers to further customize their ride while enjoying the drive.The 2013 Dodge Dart is built in America at Chrysler Group’s Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill. Production of the 2013 Dodge Dart GT will begin in the second quarter 2013.About the Dodge Brand:
For nearly 100 years, Dodge has defined passionate and innovative vehicles that stand apart in performance and in style. Building upon its rich heritage of muscle cars, racing technology and ingenious engineering, Dodge offers a full-line of cars, crossovers, minivans and SUVs built for top performance – from power off the line and handling in the corners, to high-quality vehicles that deliver unmatched versatility and excellent fuel efficiency. Only Dodge offers such innovative functionality combined with class-leading performance, exceptional value and distinctive design. With the all-new 41 mpg 2013 Dodge Dart, the all-new Dodge Charger paired with the ZF eight-speed transmission that achieves a class-leading 31 miles per gallon on the highway, the new Durango and the significantly revamped Grand Caravan – inventor of the minivan – Journey, Avenger and iconic Challenger, Dodge now has one of the youngest dealer showrooms in the United States.