Posted in Cars NewsFord had a shock for everyone in 1971: the Mustang went into full “Fats Elvis” mode. The platform was more-or-less the identical automotive that had been round for the reason that starting. Sure, the 1971-73 Mustang is often thought-about to be the identical technology because the 1964.5 Mustang. However if you happen to parked the 2 collectively, you’d by no means comprehend it. The Mustang had gotten longer, wider, and heavier, and had been beginning to make the transfer in direction of “fluffy GT” as a substitute of the bare-knuckle brawler that the 1967-70 vehicles had been. You wish to know why Iacocca went with the Mustang II as a substitute of simply re-skinning the Maverick? The large physique horse had quite a bit to do with it. However make no mistake, the large boy may nonetheless social gathering like a rock star. You would go for the essential 250ci straight six or you possibly can go balls-out and go for the 429 Cobra Jet and swing for the fences. You had vary to select from and you possibly can stick with primary trims or step as much as the likes of the Mach 1 or Dash packages. However then there may be the one-year-wonder, the Boss 351. Round 1971, producers had began enjoying a recreation with the insurance coverage corporations: if you happen to purchased a big-block automotive that was clearly a musclecar, you'd get nailed to the wall together with your insurance coverage invoice. This is the reason vehicles just like the Dodge Demon 340, the Olds Rallye 350 and the “Heavy Chevy” Chevelle began to look. The Mustang’s function as a sizzling machine wasn’t going to idiot simply, however Ford managed to discover a means: the 351 was a small block. So, so long as the VIN coded out to a small-block 351, all was good. Besides the engine underneath the hood of a Boss 351 wasn’t the 285 horsepower unit that got here in different, lesser Mustangs. The R-code Boss 351 rocked with 330 horsepower and 370 ft/lbs of torque, and the entire automotive confirmed up able to rock. The Competitors Suspension package deal was commonplace. The scooped hood with useful NACA ducts was commonplace. The Mach 1’s grille was commonplace. 4-speed, commonplace. The 9-inch rear with a Traction-Lok and three.91 gears was commonplace. It appeared more-or-less just like the Mach 1, it had the best gear, and in the best arms, it may make anybody’s day suck. Small blocks couldn’t sustain, massive blocks had discovered a potent matchup. The general public may need been divided on the brand new Mustang’s seems however the engine…the praises which have been sung about that engine and the way it works. And getting our arms on one of many 1,806 examples could be a dream come true. Mecum Auctions’ Indy 2019: Lot R118 – 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 The put up Monday Shopper: 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 – When You Need To Mess With Everybody’s Head! appeared first on BangShift.com.
- Cars News
- Monday Shopper: 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 – When You Need To Mess With Everybody’s Head!
You may also like to read :
- Ford Mustang News Update: 2019 New York Motor Present: 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Excessive Efficiency Package deal Unveiled
- Ford Mustang News Update: Ford Mustang Is the Finest-Promoting Sports activities Coupe within the World for Fourth Straight 12 months
- Ford Mustang News Update: Ford Mustang Continues To Be World’s Finest-Promoting Sports activities Coupe
- Ford Mustang News Update: New Efficiency Package deal Pushes the 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost to 330 Horsepower
- Ford Mustang News Update: Entry-Stage 2020 Ford Mustang Will get Energy Enhance from Focus RS Engine
- Ford Mustang News Update: 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Excessive Efficiency Bundle Boasts Focus RS Engine, GT Goodies
- Ford Mustang News Update: Monday Shopper: 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 – When You Need To Mess With Everybody’s Head!
- Ford Mustang News Update: Uncommon 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca With 1,200 Miles Is Worthy of a Second Mortgage
- Ford Mustang News Update: Junkyard Discover: 1978 Ford Mustang Stallion