Fact is, the all-new 2014 Lexus IS sport sedan is a head turner and there is no denying to that. And the sedan is attracting as many customers as tuners from across the planet. Now the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show is about to begin in Las Vegas and there will a whole lot of concept creations to surprise the visitors.
One of these surprises would be a Lexus fan-created 2014 Lexus IS 350. Yes, you heard it right. Lexus partnered with deviantArt, the largest online social network for artists, in a search for creative people who could take the IS’ already aggressive exterior styling to a whole new level. This is a step toward for boosting the sales of the already well performing IS.
It is all about how unique and creative one’s vision is and Lexus challenged deviantArt to show what they have got. There were enough entries to confuse the jury as they were equally good but one had to stand out. The winning build brings winner, Robert Evans’ design to life and his IS features a one-of-a-kind aero styling package, a carbon interior package, special three-piece wheels and a custom paint job. While Evans’ job was to design a modified IS, VIP Auto Salon was responsible for converting Evans’ rendering into reality and it took 10 weeks of hard work to accomplish that.
It was quite challenging on deviantArt’s end as the designers had to think way too much to further enhance the IS. With 600 submissions it was quite demanding to choose the best, but the 4 member jury managed to narrow down that number to 25 semi-finalists. The winner was selected based on alignment with the essence of the 2014 IS design, consistency with the image of the Lexus brand, originality and potential as an actual executable design.
The winner, Evans, with his creative win in the challenge has received a one-year lease of a 2014 Lexus IS F SPORT; $2,000; a trip to this year’s SEMA Show to see his IS concept on display; 8,000 deviantART points; and a one-year premium membership to deviantART. On November 5, Lexus will hold a press conference to unveil and discuss the build.
Other Lexus concepts to be showcased at the 2013 SEMA show are as follows:
- Second generation, 2007 IS 250 featuring 20-inch wheels, an aero package, and F SPORT performance accessories from owner Andrew Atigehchi
- First generation, 2004 IS 300 with a ProLex Performance Supercharger, custom dual exhaust and JDM Altezza grille from owner Maricar Cortez (
- 2014 IS 250 F SPORT all-metal wide body by Paul Tolson and Gabriel Escobedo
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT featuring 20-inch Vossen CVT directional wheels and Tommy Kaira full aero package and dual exhaust by Vossen
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT by Seibon Carbon with custom Seibon Carbon exterior, 20-inch racing wheels and A’PEXi SPL suspension
- 2014 IS 340 by Philip Chase with a 2JZ-GTEengineswap, and five-speed manual transmission
- 2014 IS AWD by Gordon Ting with BrembohighperformanceGTbraking system, TEIN USA custom Street Flex coilovers, and GReddyperformanceexhaust and airintakesystem
- 2012 LFA by Guy S. De Alwis of Endles Automotive with an Artisan Spirits carbon fiber aero kit and 20-inch staggered Work Gnosis HS202 wheels in a Brush Silver Clear finish