Mercedes Benz’s performance division has come up with their latest creation, the GLA 45 AMG. Yes, it is the AMG version of Mercedes’ all new GLA Class compact SUV which is all set to offer blistering performance not only off-road but on road too.
The GLA 45 AMG is powered by the most powerful series-production four-cylinder engine in the world which puts out a healthy 360 hp of power and 450 Newton metres of torque. In spite of being so powerful, the GLA 45 is an efficient car with a fuel consumption of 37.6 mpg and CO2 emissions of 175 g/km, meaning the car is a beast and environment compatible at the same time.
Talking about GLA 45 AMG’s driving dynamics, the car can propel from zero to 62 mph in 4.8 seconds and can achieve an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph. Such astonishing sprint and top speed figures are achieved two of the important AMG features that come as standard: the performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel-drive and the AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission.
The 2.0 liter turbo engine that powers the GLA 45 AMG is a masterpiece in itself and features gravity-die sand-cast all-aluminium crankcase, NANOSLIDE cylinder liner technology, ECO start/stop function, Forged pistons with friction-optimised piston rings, Air-to-water intercooling system etc.
Since it is an AMG product it has to be distinct in terms of style and to name some we have AMG front apron with front splitter, the AMG “twin blade” radiator grille, AMG lettering on the grille, catchy AMG light-alloy wheels, “TURBO AMG” lettering on the front wings, etc. Optional exterior features include the following:
- Aerodynamics package: larger front splitter, additional flics on the front apron, rear spoiler, Night package
- Carbon-fibre exterior mirror housings
- Exterior Carbon-Fibre package: carbon-fibre front splitter, side sill panel insert and rear apron trim, with twin blade of the radiator grille in silver chrome
- Rear spoiler
- Night package: privacy windows, black anodised waistline trim strip, silver chrome radiator grille louvres; high-gloss black front splitter, exterior mirrors, side sill panel insert and rear apron trim, two tailpipes with black rectangular trim
- Red painted brake callipers with black AMG lettering
The interior of the car is again full of luxury and sportiness. There is a set of Artico wrapped sports seats with red contrasting stitching and red safety belts, three spoke nappa leather multifunction sports steering wheel again with red stitching, steering wheel shift paddles, AMG instrument cluster, instrument cluster in brushed aluminum and more. Optional interior upgrades include:
- Exclusive package
- Performance steering wheel in black nappa leather/Alcantara including E‑SELECT selector lever with embossed AMG emblem and electronic master key with AMG emblem, floor mats with embroidered AMG lettering
- Performance seats upholstered in Artico man-made leather/Dinamica microfibre for driver and front passenger, with more strongly contoured seat shape for enhanced lateral support and with integral head restraints, red designo safety belts
- Carbon-fibre trim
- Black, crystal grey, nut brown or black RED CUT upholstery
|Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG|
|Bore x stroke||83.0 x 92.0 mm|
|Output||360 hp at 6,000 rpm|
|Max. torque||450 Nm at 2,250-5,000 rpm|
|Power density||181 hp|
|Fuel consumption, NEDC combined||37.6 mpg|
|CO2 emissions||175 g/km|
|Emissions standards||EU 6|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||4.8 s|
|Top speed||155 mph*|