At the 2013 Ney York International Auto Show, Subaru introduced its first ever production hybrid model dubbed XV Crosstrek Hybrid. A lot of interesting facts were revealed about this crossover then, but when it came to pricing, Subaru kept its mouth closed. Finally, the wait is over as Subaru has announced the pricing on its first ever hybrid product.
The XV Crosstrek Hybrid is based on the successful XV Crosstrek crossover and while retaining the latter’s all terrain capabilities, it provides better fuel efficiency and improved driving dynamics.
”The XV Crosstrek model has been an instant hit since going on sale in September 2012, selling approximately 45,000 units in its first year and showing there is a strong market for a compact CUV that provides strong looks, safety, AWD capability and good fuel economy.” said Thomas J. Doll, president, and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. “The XV Crosstrek Hybrid will now combine those proven Subaru attributes with hybrid technology and will appeal still further to ecologically-minded consumers,”
Under the hood of all the XV Crosstrek Hybrids will be a 2.0 litre, 4 cylinder BOXER engine coupled to a 13.4 bhp electric motor that’s integrated into the Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system. The Hybrid model uses the same Active Torque Split version of Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive found in the gasoline model which ensures all-weather performance. Essentially the hybrid model retains all that you have seen on the gasoline version and features a specially tuned chassis for improved handling.
Coming to the features now, the 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid sits on top of the grade lineup and offers a series of exclusive features such as energy-saving light-emitting diode (LED) technology enabled rear light clusters and the stop lamps, high-grade 4.3-in. color multi-function LCD display and much more. The display shows the driving operation information and entertainment content all in the same screen and users can switch between the two conveniently.
The features list does not end here and includes the following:
- A 6.1-inch touch screen LCD display for the navigation system with voice control, iTunes® tagging, SMS text messaging capability, SiriusXM Satellite Radio® and SiriusXM NavTraffic® (4-month trial subscriptions included).
- The navigation system also features Aha® Infotainment smartphone integration featuring radio stations, newsfeeds, audiobooks etc.
- Keyless access and start
- Automatic climate control system
- Upgraded instrument cluster
- High-grade multi-function display
- Body-color foldable side mirrors with integral turn signals
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with silver stitching
- Chrome exterior door handles and much more.
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Crossover Pricing (MSRP)
- 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid base model featuring CVT is priced at $25,995
- 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring top-of-the-range model featuring CVT is priced at $29,295
The car is expected to reach the dealerships by the end of this year.