In the prestigious 83rd International Auto Exhibit of Geneva Motor Show 2013, the Jeep will give the European debut of its 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with enhanced performance and efficiency in all engines with new 8-speed automatic transmission, catchy updated sporty exterior, impressive and advanced interior features with best of technology for safe and comfort driving experience.
New Advanced Technology :
The debut of Chrysler Group new 8-speed automatic transmission matted with 3.0-liter V-6 diesel engine, and also with V-6 & V-8 petrol engine lineup, to deliver efficient figures in consumption and emissions. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the Eco Mode, delivers an improved fuel economy. It would optimise gear shifting in V8 models. If sportier performance is desired, it is equipped with Fuel Saver cylinder deactivation mechanism, by using a button on the center stack. Moreover, Eco Mode further enhances the vehicle’s aerodynamics mechanism to give best comfortable ride, by activating the Quadra-Lift air suspension system.
Updated New Exterior :
Exclusive updated design for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee to add more premium sporty looks. The upper grille is shorter in height for all models, while the lower front fascia has been slightly elevated with slimmer headlights and noticing raised fog lights. The new larger tail lamps with LED lighting at the rear side, a re-sculpted tailgate with a larger and more aerodynamic rear spoiler. The new high-intensity discharge bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights which is standard on all trim levels and new style rims with premium color combination in the interior and exterior of Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Advanced Safety and Comfort :
Through the steering wheel paddle shifters, the drive can control the uphill and downhill speed offered by the advanced Selec-Terrain traction management system with the help of the new Selec-Speed Control and Off road capability features. Enhancing the further comfort level with the Jeep Quadra-Lift air suspension system in the two wheel drive systems. While on safety, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is loaded with many equipment like Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation, which uses the radar for quickly approaching vehicles and thus not only alert the driver to prevent the head-on collision but on unnoticed driver’s action, the advanced feature of ‘Forward Collision Warning’ with ‘Crash Mitigation’ automatically brakes the car also.
Advanced Interiors Features
- In the new interior, the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is featured with :
- Premium Natura-Plus leather seats with high-quality suede-like material covering the front pillars and the headliner
- New advanced UConnect system with exclusive 8.4″ touchscreen giving user friendly information for maximum driving comfort
- A new 7-inch instrument panel with TFT liquid crystal technology and user-configurable multi-view display
- The 19-speaker, 825 watts high-performance Harman Kardon surround sound audio system
- All trim levels also include standard paddle shifters mounted on the back of the steering wheel
- Featuring the buttons for managing radio, cruise control, telephone and voice commands in complete safety
- The state-of-the-art system with a 12-channel amplifier, 3 sub-woofers and surrounds the occupants in high-definition sound
- The audio and connectivity controls on the spokes of the steering wheel
- An innovative voice-activated hands-free device
- The 3-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel which, in the Overland and Summit trim levels also features high-quality wooden inserts
The new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee will be available in the Laredo, Limited, Overland and Summit trim levels in the European market in the third quarter 2013.
Photos of 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Auto Press Release Source : Fiat SpA[Jeep]