The new Spark EV weighs 560 pounds[i.e. 254 kg] square lithium-ion battery pack with a volume of 133 liters, comprising 336 prismatic cells. In North America, the all electric vehicle will have the optional features of SAE Combo DC Fast Charge capability, which can charge the 80% battery capacity in just 20 minutes. It has common on-board charging which has 3 charging platforms – DC Fast Charge, AC 240V and AC 120V. By using AC 240V based charging, it takes less than 7 hours to fully recharge. User can monitor and manage the EV remotely by a computer at OnStar.com or with a special Chevrolet Mobile App powered by OnStar Remote Link. The new Spark EV will be come with a price tag under $25,000 with tax incentives and with 3 years of standard OnStar service. Some of the advanced features are :
- It has the feature to control apps for BringGO navigation, TuneIn, Pandora and Stitcher. For compatible iPhone users, they can use Siri, eye free and hand free communication.
- The users of smartphone like Android, Blackberry and iPhone can connect contact, photos, videos and songs with EV by using Bluetooth/USB
- The touch screen display shows the animated power status, charging status, energy information screen with climate controls and MyLink Radio.
- The useful gauges which are quite easy to know the power status, battery gauge, efficiency gauge and confidence gauge
Chevrolet Spark EV is Pure, Electric Fun
Competitively priced under $25,000 with tax incentives2012-11-27
- Note: 11-28-12 update to kW hour in 7th paragraph
- Expected range among best in EV segment
- Advanced, U.S.-built motor and drive unit deliver best-in-class acceleration
- Two seven-inch, high-resolution LCD screens display key vehicle functions and infotainment
- Initial markets include California, Oregon, Canada, South Korea and other global markets
- Optional SAE Combo DC Fast Charging capability enables Spark EV to charge to 80 percent in 20 minutes